Santander is known as the ideal Colombian destination for adventure. You will visit several virgin natural places far away from the typical tourist routes and we will guarantee you a save experience. Be one of the first travelers to get to know these destinations!
from 303 USD
NOTE: The following description and prices of the tour are based on a 4-day visit. Please, take into account that we can offer a longer or shorter Nature - Adventure Tour. Just contact us for your customized tour!
- Bilingual coordinator/ guide
- Private transport (a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver)
- Some meals according to the itinerary (the description shows which meals are included)
- All described activities and entries (exception: activities and entries where it is explicitly mentioned that they are not included and that they have an additional cost)
- Medical insurance from Colasistencia and an additional insurance for all activities that have a higher risk
- Standard hotels (clean and comfortable; double or triple rooms) including breakfast
- You have the possibility to upgrade the hotel for an additional cost. Let us know the type of hotel you would like to stay in and we will send you a quote.
Opening the following points, you will find the detailed itinerary and description of each day, additional information and the price table:
Topocoro Lake - Boat Ride and Waterfalls
Arrival at the Airport Bucaramanga Palonegro (BGA)
|Morning||Transfer to the Lake Topocoro||
Transfer approx. 1 hour
|Morning/ noon||Boat Ride and Waterfalls||
The Topocoro Lake is an artificial lake which was formed due to the new Dam Hidrosogamoso a couple of years ago. Because of the fact that it is new lake it is not known by a lot of people and therefore, you rarely see any tourists. You won´t even find the lake on Google Maps.
Arriving at the lake you will take a private boat ride to 2 different small waterfalls that can only be reached by the boat.
The first one is depending on the water level up to 20 meters high and will be reached entering a part of the Chicamocha Canyon where you will have an amazing view.
The second place you will visit consists of several small waterfalls that are set up in various steps. Here you can enjoy climbing up the waterfalls and jump into the different ponds.
The Lake Topocoro has a high water temperature (warmer than the Caribbean Sea) which makes it a great place to swim.
The overall time on the lake and at the waterfalls will be about 2.5 to 3 hours. Getting back to the parking of the Seamanship Club lot you will have the opportunity to take a shower and change clothes.
|Afternoon||Lunch||Lunch will be provided at the Seamanship Club (lunch included)|
|Afternoon/ late afternoon||Transfer to the San Vicente de Chucurí||
Transfer approx. 1 to 1.5 hours
If you wish do optional watersports such as skiing or jet-ski for an additional cost, you will have the opportunity to do so before the transfer to San Vicente de Chucurí.
|Evening||Dinner||We will provide you with the information about different options for dinner (dinner not included) and we will also provide you the transport to the restaurant.|
Juan Curí Waterfalls - Rappelling and Caving
|Before 7 am||Breakfast and Check-Out||Breakfast included in the hotel and check-out|
|Morning||Transfer to the Juan Curí Waterfalls||
Transfer approx. 3 hours
|Morning||Hiking to the Waterfalls||
After hiking for about 30 minutes in the forest you will see the impressive Juan Curí Waterfalls. The total height of the waterfall from the highest to the lowest point is approx. 250 m and it is divided into several smaller waterfalls.
The hike takes you to the top of a waterfall that is about 50 meters high. At this point you will start the rappel activity full of adrenaline. A certified rappel guide will secure you on a rope and then you will climb down the 50-m part of the Juan Curí Waterfalls getting completely wet.
After the rappel activity you will have the opportunity to jump into the waterhole where the waterfall ends before taking the 20-minute walk back to the parking lot.
If you don´t wish to do the rappel activity you would arrive at the lower part of the 50-m high waterfall where you are free to jump into the water or just relax and enjoy the nature.
NOTE 1: Please bring shoes that can get wet. After the hiking back to the entrance, you will have time and a place to change your wet clothes (however, remember that after lunch you are getting wet again).
NOTE 2: Due to changing weather conditions we cannot guarantee the rappelling activity (probability of cancellation 5%). In case of strong rains for example it would be impossible to do the activity since there would be too much water in the waterfall. In this case you would just visit the waterfalls without doing the rappelling.
|Noon||Lunch||Lunch will be provided at the waterfalls or on the way to the cave (lunch included)|
|Afternoon||Transfer to the Indian Cave in Páramo||
Approx. 20 min transfer
After receiving all the necessary equipment (helmet, life jacket, light), you will start a little walk across the town of Páramo. On the other side of the town you will enter a cavern/ cave that will take you all the way back to the other side crossing the cave all the way beneath the town. The hike with a specialized guide will take you about one and a half hour and you will see different rock formations and a lot of bats. At some parts you will have to crawl through narrow parts of the cave, you will have to cross ponds in the middle of the cave and at the end if you wish, you will have the possibility to jump into a deep pond from a 6-m high platform.
NOTE 1: After the hiking back to the parking lot, you will have time and a place to get a shower and change your wet clothes and shoes.
NOTE 2: Due to changing weather conditions we cannot guarantee the caving activity (probability of cancellation 5%). In case of strong rains for example it would be impossible to do the activity since there would be too much water entering the cave. In this case you would we would organize a different activity for you such as zip lining or visit Barichara, Colombia´s most beautiful town (no additional costs).
|Afternoon||Transfer to the Hotel in San Gil||
Approx. 30 min transfer
If you did not have enough of the extreme activities, there is the possibility to do bungee jumping on the way back to the hotel. The jump is done from a 70-m platform above the river and has an additional cost of about 25 dollars.
|Evening||Dinner in San Gil||We will offer you different options for dinner (not included) and provide you the transport to the restaurant.|
Guadalupe - Natural Water Holes "Las Gachas"
|Before 8 am||Breakfast and Check-Out||Breakfast included in the hotel and check-out|
|Morning||Transfer to Las Gachas in Guadalupe||
Approx. 2-hour transfer
During the road trip we will get snacks for the day activity at Las Gachas (snacks not included).
|Morning and afternoon||Las Gachas||
Before arriving to the natural swimming holes “Las Gachas” you will have to take a walk for about 25 minutes crossing grasslands with beautiful mountainous landscape in the background.
Las Gachas are unique waterholes in a river that runs upon reddish rocks. The region of Guadalupe is located on a big rock platform and at the place of the river you can see how the whole rock platfrom looks beneath the grasslands. The holes that are up to 5 meters deep make it an impressive setting.
The first part to arrive at las Gachas is not known by tourists but it is a perfect place to take fantastic pictures without any people in the background.
From this part you will be walking down the river for about 400 meters to get to the part of Las Gachas where the rocks are very slippery and where you can slide into the holes.
Walking further down for 300 meters you will arrive at a small 15 m waterfall where Las Gachas end. Here you can have a little break on a typical Colombian farm and get to know the live in the countryside.
On the way back before taking the 25-minute walk to the car you will have time to lay down in the sun, use more rock slides or just chill in the waterholes.
NOTE: Please bring additional shoes that can get wet since the rocks might be very slippery. It is not recommended to go barefoot.
|Afternoon||Transfer to the Town of Guadalupe||
Transfer approx. 10 minutes
In Guadalupe you will have the possibility to get a shower and change your clothes (no hot water in town).
|Guadalupe and Dinner||
In Guadalupe you will have an early dinner in a crepe restaurant where delicious crêpes and other meals are served.
You will also have some time to get to know the central park and the central church of the 2000 inhabitant town.
|Late Afternoon/ Evening||Transfer to the Hotel in Bucaramanga||
Transfer approx. 5 hours
|Flexible||Breakfast and Check-Out||Breakfast included at the hotel|
Depending on the time of your departure flight we will bring you to the airport. The airport transfer lasts approx. 30 minutes.
What to bring:
- Sunscreen and hat or cap
- Light and comfortable shoes
- Water shoes or shoes that can get wet (if possible 2 pairs)
- Comfortable clothes for the day activities (usually shorts and t-shirts)
- Sweatshirt or a light jacket (it might get fresh at night)
- Mosquito spray
- Small backpack to carry the necessary items for the day
- Swim suit and towel
Physical effort information of the activities:
- Hiking Juan Curí Waterfalls: medium physical effort
- Indian Cave: medium physical effort
- Hiking Guadalupe: low/ medium physical effort
Arrival from/ Departure to Villa de Leyva:
- The tour can easily be organized with the transfer Villa de Leyva – Guadalupe on the first day. This means that order of the Day 1: Lake Topocoro and Day 3: Guadalupe would switch.
- The tour can also be organized departing to Villa de Leyva on Day 3. This means it is not necessary to stay an additional night in Bucaramanga.
- The additional cost for the transfer from or to Villa de Leyva is 500.000 COP for a group of 1 to 4 tourists (in a small SUV) and 900.000 COP for a group of 5 to 12 tourists.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2020). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
- Regarding the transport, a group of 1 - 4 persons will be transported in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver. If a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person.
- The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3000 on November 6, 2019. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3300 on November 6, 2019. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.
- Prices increase by 10% in “High Season” which is between 18th Dec and 19th Jan, spring break (03rd - 12th Apr), between 12th Jun and 06th Jul, between 2nd and 12th Oct, and the long weekends with a national holiday.
|Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||$ 910.000||$ 960.000||$ 1.050.000||$ 1.260.000||$ 1.680.000||$ 3.270.000|
|Price per person in USD:||$ 303||$ 320||$ 350||$ 420||$ 560||$ 1.090|