The swimming holes “Las Gachas” in Guadalupe are a unique natural phenomenon. The reddish color of the rocks makes it a beautiful setting and a perfect place to take awesome pictures. The part of the river that passes above and beneath the swimming holes is almost 1 km long and you will get to know all parts of the “red river”.
The tour starts with a 20-minute hike over the grasslands of Guadalupe. You will arrive at the upper parts of Las Gachas which are not known by many tourists and with a high probability you and the guide will be the only people there. Going down the red river you will arrive at similar holes between very slippery rocks, a perfect place to try the natural slides. Las Gachas end in a 15‑meter high waterfall hidden behind dense forest. Right next to the waterfall there is a small finca of a very nice Colombian couple who grows a wide variety of fruits growing on their farm.
- Private transport to Guadalupe (approx. 4 - 5 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Visit of the natural swimming holes Las Gachas
- Access to the waterfalls close to Las Gachas
- Visit of the town Guadalupe
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (swimming in natural pools already counts as an extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellant, water shoes or tennis shoes that can get wet, socks, swimming suit, towel, used/ old additional shirt, thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 5 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the afternoon we will ride back to Bucaramanga and we will arrive 4 to 5 hours later in the evening.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2019). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Guadalupe: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||170,000||180,000||200,000||260,000||380,000||750,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||57||60||67||87||127||250|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3000 on November 6, 2019. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3300 on November 6, 2019. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.