Paragliding is a breathtaking experience which in contrast to other official extreme sports does not produce high levels of adrenaline (if you are not afraid of heights). The platform is located on a hill close to Bucaramanga so that the paragliding flight provides you with an amazing view over the metropolitan area and the countryside close to Bucaramanga.
The paragliding is located on a hill 300 meters above the valley of the metropolitan area. Before you start the 10 to 15-minute tandem flight with a professional guide you will receive safety instructions and information about the paragliding flight.
- Private transport to the paragliding platform (a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Tandem flight (approx. 10 - 15 minutes)
- English- and/ or Spanish- speaking professional paragliding guide
- Paragliding equipment
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports
- Important: You must wear shoes during the flight. To do the activity it has to be windy enough and it must not rain. The weight of the passengers, should not exceed 110 kg (240 lbs), or below 30 kg (66 lbs) in case of minors. Pregnant women or people with recent surgeries such as spinal or extremities surgeries are not allowed to fly.
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellent, shoes that cannot fall off, sweatshirt or jacket, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to leave to the paragliding platform at 10.30 am but we have to be flexible and adapt to the weather conditions.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2019). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Bucaramanga Paragliding: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||170,000||170,000||210,000||210,000||260,000||400,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||59||59||72||72||90||138|
* The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:2900 on November 23, 2018. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3200 on November 23, 2018. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.