The Chicamocha National Park also known as “Panachi” is located in the heart of the Chicamocha Canyon. The Chicamocha Canyon is more than 200 km long and from its highest peak down to the river approx. 2000 m deep. That means it is deeper than the famous Grand Canyon in Arizona, USA. The main attraction is the cable car that goes 1200 m down the canyon and up on the other side (duration: 30 minutes).
The theme park combines cultural and historical elements and offers adventurous activities such as an extreme swing, climbing down an artificial waterfall, virtual reality, zip lining, a waterpark, etc. Panachi is divided into three parts: The lower part at the cable car station is a little town representing Barichara with its colonial architecture. Going up more than 100 stairs you will find the monument “Monumento a la Santandereanidad” which represents the Revolution of the Comuneros, the first step of the Colombian independence. The third part is a 360-degree viewpoint of the canyon.
- Private transport to the Chicamocha National Park (approx. 1.5 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 3 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 3+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 3 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 2 pays per person)
- 2 rides with the cable car through the Chicamocha Canyon
- Lunch in the National Park
- Entrance to the Chicamocha National Park
- Entrance to the Chicamocha Waterpark; optional: zip lining, extreme swing, canyoning, 4D-cinema, etc.
- Passing by Café Mesa de los Santos where Colombia´s most exclusive coffee is sold; the travelers will have the option to purchase it for 1/3 of the international selling price
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellent, sweatshirt, comfortable shoes, swimming suit, towel, hat, bottle of water.
- The Chicamocha National Park is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 9 am and the day trip usually ends late in the evening. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2022). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO / DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Chicamocha National Park (Panachi): Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||200,000||210,000||260,000||310,000||420,000||730,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||56||58||72||86||117||203|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on November 26, 2021. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on November 26, 2021. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.