River Rafting in the Chicamocha is an experience that you will never forget. The Chicamocha River has rapids of class IV; therefore, it is classified as advanced rafting and you have to know how to swim. During the rafting experience you will the see parts of the Chicamocha Canyon that cannot even be reached by car. There are impressive formations of the canyon while the landscape of the canyon changes on the 15-km part of the river.
At the end of the activity you will visit a tobacco farm in the middle of the canyon where a local family prepares a late lunch for you. You will also get to know a little bit about the tobacco cultivations and the processing. After lunch the van of the rafting team takes you out of the canyon on a bumpy road for approx. 2 hours.
- Private transport to the river in the Chicamocha Canyon (approx. 1 hour from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 4 persons in a car or small van , a group of 4+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- 15 km of river rafting down the Chicamocha Canyon (approx. 2.5 hours) with rapids of class IV rafting (advanced)
- English- and/ or Spanish- speaking professional rafting guide
- Safety kayak guide
- Rafting equipment: paddle, helmet, life jacket
- Lunch is included in Jordan, a town in the canyon
- Fruits and some refreshments after getting out of the rafts
- Visit of a tobacco farm in the middle of the canyon
- Transport to the central bus station in San Gil in a van (approx. 2 hours)
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports
- Important: The rafting team will give you a ride to the central bus in San Gil where you can take a bus back to Bucaramanga. If you wish to get back in a private vehicle, it will have an additional cost of 350,000 COP for 2, 3 or 4 people. Rafting has to be done with at least 4 people. If you are a group of 2 or 3, you will have to pay the costs for a group of 4 persons.
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, water shoes or tennis shoes that can get wet, swimming suit, towel, clothes to change, a thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the ride to the canyon at 8 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2023). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports.
|Canyon River Rafting: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||420,000||420,000||400,000||530,000||800,000||---|
|Price per person in USD*:||117||117||111||147||222||---|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on July 27, 2023. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on July 27, 2023. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.