Barichara, known as the most beautiful town in Colombia, is famous for its colonial architecture, the quiet cobbled streets, adobe houses and artisan workshops and its craft shops among other things. You will see amazing churches, chapels, graveyards, sculptures and parks. Also, you will be entering the stores where the handcrafted goods are made and sold. These handcrafted goods include baskets, paper, clothing, bags, shoes, tiny figures, dream catchers, etc. which will become great souvenirs to take back home. You will even have the opportunity to make handmade paper yourself from different plants, making this activity an experience you won't want to miss. At the fringe of the town there are amazing viewpoints of the Suarez Canyon that will be visited during the walking tour.
If you wish to do a physical activity, you will have the opportunity to walk down the Camino Real (or parts of it). It is a trail that was build 150 years ago by the famous German immigrant Geo von Lengerke and has a lot of history. The complete hiking trail is about 5 km (3.1 miles) long and takes you about 2 hours.
- Private transport
- A group of 1 - 3 persons in a car or small-size SUV
- A group of 3+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver (if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Walking tour in Barichara
- Paper processing experience
- Lunch included in Barichara
- English or Spanish speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (hiking already counts as an extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, comfortable shoes, a thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 7 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the late afternoon/ evening we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2023). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports.
|Barichara: Prices PER PERSON depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||190,000||200,000||290,000||370,000||520,000||1,000,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||53||56||81||103||144||278|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on July 27, 2023. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on July 27, 2023. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.