The Topocoro Lake is beautiful lake that was created because of the construction of the dam “Represa Hidrosogamoso”. It is relatively new and therefore not known by many tourists which makes it a wonderful place to enjoy the nature. You will get to know overflooded parts of the region that some years ago could not even be reached by car. And the best part: Due to the high water temperature of more than 30 °C/ 85 °F it is a perfect place to swim.
During the private boat ride you will enter parts of the Chicamocha Canyon where a waterfall will be visited and you will have the opportunity to jump off a cliff into the water. On the other side of the lake you will visit the Caracolí Waterfalls which are several small waterfalls with natural infinity pools.
- Private transport to the Topocoro Lake (approx. 1.5 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 3 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 3+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 3 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 2 pays per person)
- Visits of the Chicamocha Canyon, several waterfalls and natural swimming spots
- Private motorboat ride (max. 2.5 hours including the visits of the waterfalls)
- Life jacket (for non-swimmers)
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Optional for an additional cost: activities such as wakeboarding, jet ski or additional hours with the boat
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (going out on a boat already counts as an extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, water shoes or tennis shoes that can get wet, swimming suit, towel, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 8 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the afternoon we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2022). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Boat Ride Topocoro Lake: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||200,000||240,000||270,000||360,000||530,000||1'050,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||56||67||75||100||147||292|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on November 26, 2021. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on November 26, 2021. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.