The experience at the Páramo de Santurbán is designed for nature lovers who like to hike at high altitudes and with a cool climate. The Black Lagoon “Laguna Negra” you will visit is located at almost 4.000 meters (=13.000 feet) above sea level. Having one of the largest fresh water reserves on earth, the Páramo de Santurbán is protected by the local people who admire its amazing ecosystem including the unique “high-altitude” plants Frailejones.
After a ride of approx. 2 hours on a well-paved street and one hour on an unpaved road, you will start the hike of about 2 km to the lagoon. The hike is slightly upwards and due to the height and low level of oxygen, it will seem a lot more than 2 km. Arriving at the lagoon you will have the opportunity to take amazing pictures and if you want to keep hiking, you will be able to walk around the lagoon for another hour.
- Private transport to the Páramo de Santurbán (approx. 3 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Entrance to the Black Lagoon “Laguna Negra”
- Additional local guide if necessary
- Snacks during the hike
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (hiking in nature already counts as an extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, hiking shoes that can get wet, second pair of shoes, long pants, long-sleeved sweatshirt, jacket, scarf, winter hat, clothes to change, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 6 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the late afternoon/ evening you will be back in Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2020). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO / DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Páramo de Santurbán: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||160,000||170,000||210,000||260,000||380,000||720,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||53||57||70||87||127||240|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3000 on November 6, 2019. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3300 on November 6, 2019. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.