This day trip offers the best way to combine nature and adventure. Although doing any of the extreme sports in San Gil and surroundings you will be in nature, the 250-meter high Juan Curí Waterfalls are the nature highlight in the region. After taking a 25-minute hike to the swimming spots of the waterfall you can already do the first optional extreme sport which is rappelling down a 50-meter part of the waterfalls (80,000 COP).
Optional activities that can be done after the visit of the waterfall are such as caving (45,000 COP), rafting (60,000 COP), bungee jumping (90,000 COP), zip lining (45,000 COP), etc. (prices might change slightly within the year). For more information about the places check out the day trips Juan Curí Waterfalls and San Gil Extreme Sports.
- Private transport to San Gil and the Juan Curí Waterfalls (approx. 3 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 3 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 3 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 2 pays per person)
- Entrance to the Juan Curí Waterfalls
- Lunch included close to the waterfalls or in San Gil
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Guarantee of fair prices for any additional activity (as listed above in parenthesis); due to uncertain weather conditions we do not include the sports in the package
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellant, comfortable shoes, water shoes or tennis shoes that can get wet, swimming suit, towel, a thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water, additional clothes depending on the extreme sport you wish to do
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 7 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the late afternoon we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2022). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Juan Curí Waterfalls / San Gil Extreme Sports: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||160,000||170,000||200,000||260,000||380,000||730,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||44||47||56||72||106||203|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on November 26, 2021. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on November 26, 2021. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.