The route of this excursion offers you the best viewpoints of Bucaramanga. During the tour of approx. 7 km (4.3 mile) and 3 to 4 hours with several breaks, you will receive very good impressions of the neighborhoods on the edges of the city.
Starting at Cabecera del Llano you will get to know the residential areas of the most exclusive parts of Bucaramanga and you will also pass by the green campus of the UNAB, one of the best private universities in Colombia. You will walk along sloping paths in the wooded area and through other residential areas near Bucaramanga. During the walk you will notice an incredible view of the capital of Santander every time you look around. Along the way you will also find different plants and fruits, such as cocoa, coffee, banana and citrus. At the highest part of the trail, around 600 meters above the city of Bucaramanga, you will arrive at the restaurant and garden La Niebla which has on one side a wonderful view of the city and on the other a quiet green meadow which usually in the afternoon hours becomes cloudy.
- Hiking of approx. 3 to 4 hours
- Access to the garden and restaurant of La Niebla
- Transport back to Cabecera, Bucaramanga (if the traveler does not wish to hike back)
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (hiking already counts as an extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellant, comfortable shoes, long-sleeve pants and shorts, second shirt, sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: The hiking tour starts and ends in the Parque San Pío or in any other part of Cabecera, Bucaramanga. If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the hike at 7 am and the tour usually ends in the afternoon. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2023). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports.
|Bucaramanga Viewpoints: Prices PER PERSON depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||110,000||130,000||170,000||230,000||330,000||650,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||31||36||47||64||92||181|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on July 27, 2023. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on July 27, 2023. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.