The hiking paths of this excursions offer the best viewpoints of Bucaramanga. During the approx. 7 km (4.3 mile) hike which takes about 3 to 4 hours, having several little breaks, you will get different impressions of the outskirts of the city.
Starting in Cabecera del Llano you will get to know the residential areas of the most exclusive part of Bucaramanga and you will pass by the green and beautiful campus of the UNAB, one of the best private universities in Colombia. You will walk through steep paths of the tropical rainforest right at the fringe of Bucaramanga and through other residential sectors located behind the forest. As you keep up walking you will notice that anytime you turn around there is an incredible view on the capital of Santander. On the way you will also find different plants and fruits, such as cacao, coffee, banana and mandarins. At the top, about 600 meters above the city of Bucaramanga, you will arrive at the restaurant and garden La Niebla which one side has an amazing view of the city and on the other side an incredible view over a green valley which in the afternoon usually gets very foggy.
- Hiking of approx. 3 to 4 hours
- Access to the garden and restaurant of La Niebla
- Transport back to Cabecera, Bucaramanga (if the traveler does not wish to hike back)
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (hiking already counts as an extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellant, comfortable shoes, long-sleeve pants and shorts, second shirt, sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: The hiking tour starts and ends in the Parque San Pío or in any other part of Cabecera, Bucaramanga. If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the hike at 7 am and the tour usually ends in the afternoon. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2019). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Bucaramanga Viewpoints: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||60,000||70,000||90,000||120,000||180,000||340,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||21||24||31||41||62||117|
* The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:2900 on November 23, 2018. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3200 on November 23, 2018. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.