During the walk to the farm you will get to know rural Colombian life in a place far away from mass tourism. The farm, a small house in the countryside, is located 1 hour drive from Bucaramanga. Besides being a region free of pollution from the city, the people live almost completely independently.
During the hike of approximately 1 km (0.6 mile) that will take you to a height of 200 meters above the mountain, you will observe different animals and the diversity of plants and fruits that Colombia offers such as cocoa, bananas, papayas, passion fruit, etc. As you go up the mountain, you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the landscape, which is a mixture of mountainous rainforest and grasslands. At the farm you will be able to share with the peasant family and learn about the culture of the Colombian countryside. A homemade lunch with natural juice will be served.
- Private transport to finca approx. 1 hour from Bucaramanga
- A group of 1 - 4 persons in a car or small-size SUV
- A group of 4+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver (if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Hiking of approx. 3 to 4 hours
- Fresh natural juices during the hike
- Access to the finca and other natural sites
- Homemade lunch
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Accompaniment of the owner or another person of the finca
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (hiking already counts as an extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellant, comfortable shoes, long-sleeve pants and shorts, swimming suit, towel, second shirt, a thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 6 am and the day trip usually ends in the evening. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2023). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports.
|Santanderean Farmer´s Finca: Prices PER PERSON depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||160,000||170,000||240,000||300,000||430,000||820,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||44||47||67||83||119||228|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on July 27, 2023. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on July 27, 2023. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.