The waterfall “Cascada El Ensueño” in Piedecuesta is located at the fringe of Bucaramanga´s metropolitan area and we highly recommend the hike to the waterfall if you want to visit a natural place but do not want to ride far away from the city. On the way to the waterfall you will see the quick transition of city and nature since you start the walk in a residential area and suddenly you are in the middle of the nature. During the hike you will have a beautiful view over Piedecusta and the grasslands close to the city.
The hike is going up an elevation of approx. 400 meters and probably takes you about 1.5 hours, taking several little breaks. The length of the hike is about 3 km (1.9 miles). Arriving at the waterfall you can swim in the natural ponds of the waterfall or just sit down and enjoy the amazing scenery of the place. The way back to the parking lot is a lot faster since it is mostly going down the hill.
- Private transport to the parking lot of the Piedecuesta Waterfall (approx. 30 minutes from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 3 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 3+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 3 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 2 pays per person)
- Hiking of approx. 2 to 3 hours
- Entry to the waterfall “Cascada El Ensueño”
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (hiking already counts as an extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellant, comfortable shoes, water shoes or shoes that can get wet, long-sleeve pants and shorts, swimming suit, towel, second shirt, thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 8 am and it usually ends in the afternoon. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2022). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Piedecuesta Waterfalls: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||90,000||110,000||160,000||170,000||240,000||470,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||25||31||44||47||67||131|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on November 26, 2021. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on November 26, 2021. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.