A 3-day tour in San Vicente de Chucurí and surroundings is the most complete experience for a traveler since you get to know so many different sites in just one region. You will do a cacao tour in Colombia´s largest and most important cacao producing area, you will get to know the history of one of the safest towns in Colombia that once used to be controlled by terrorist groups and you will do several adventurous activities in an amazing natural setting. For more information and pictures, check out the day trips San Vicente de Chucurí, Cacao Tour, Airplane Cave and Natural Bird Reserve Proaves.
- 2 nights in San Vicente de Chucurí, usually Hotel Faraones
- 2 x breakfast, 2 x lunch
- Private transport to San Vicente de Chucurí (approx. 2.5 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 3 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 3+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 3 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 2 pays per person)
- Cacao Tour + welcoming chocolate
- Access to the cacao farm and the cacao processing area
- Specialized cacao guide
- Entrance to the Airplane Cave
- Specialized caving guide
- Safety equipment for the caves and natural pools such as life vest and helmet
- Entrance to the natural bird reserve of Proaves (+ 4-hour hike)
- Specialized guide from Proaves
- Donation of 30,000 COP (approx. 10 USD) per person for the conservation of the reserve
- Visit of the center of San Vicente de Chucurí and the viewpoint of the town
- Entrance and tour in the historical museum Casa Memoria Histórica
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (hiking in the natural bird reserve and visiting the Airplane Cave already count as extreme sports and are often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellant, comfortable shoes, hiking shoes, shoes that can get dirty and wet, sweatshirt or jacket, hat, bottle of water, swimming suit and towel
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 7 am on the first day. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the late afternoon of the third day after visiting the natural bird reserve and the historical museum we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2022). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|3 Days: San Vicente de Chucurí: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||750,000||770,000||900,000||1.090,000||1.500,000||2.770,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||208||214||250||303||417||769|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on November 26, 2021. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on November 26, 2021. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.
***Prices increase by 10% in “High Season” which is during the town`s fairs usually for one week in August and one week in November.