San Gil is the adventure capital of Santander. You can do river rafting, paragliding, zip lining, bungee jumping, canyoneering, caving, mountain-biking, etc. in San Gil or near the town. In one day it is possible to do up to 2 or 3 different activities, if you want to enjoy more sports we recommend booking a multi-day tour.
River rafting can be done on 3 different rivers: the Fonce River (60,000 COP) which is up to class III rafting (medium), the Chicamocha River (230,000 COP/ full day) which is class IV (advanced/ extreme) and the Suarez River (150,000 COP) which is up to class V rafting (extreme). The paragliding sites are Curití (110,000 COP) and the Chicamocha Canyon (190,000 COP). The zip lines (45,000 COP) and the bungee-jumping platform (90,000 COP) are located in San Gil. Canyoning is climbing down a 50-meter part of the Juan Curí Waterfalls (80,000 COP) on a secured rope and for the caving activity you have a professional guide and hike through the Indian Cave or the Cow Cave (45,000 COP) for approx. 2 hours. Prices listed in parenthesis might change slightly.
- Private transport to San Gil (2 - 3 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 3 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 3+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 3 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 2 pays per person)
- Transport to all the sites of the extreme sports that you wish to do
- Lunch in a typical Colombian town market in San Gil
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Guarantee of fair prices for any additional activity (as listed above in parenthesis); due to uncertain weather conditions we do not include the sports in the package
- Travel insurance and additional insurances for extreme sports
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellant, water shoes or tennis shoes that can get wet, swimming suit, towel, a thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water, clothes to change
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 7 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the evening we will start the 3-hour ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2022). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|San Gil Extreme Sports: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||150,000||160,000||200,000||250,000||360,000||700,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||42||44||56||69||100||194|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on November 26, 2021. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on November 26, 2021. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.