San Vicente de Chucurí is a municipality of Santander not known by a lot of tourists but has an incredibly high potential be a touristic hotspot because of the diverse places to visit. For more information about the town and the municipality check out the day trip San Vicente de Chucurí. To make the best decision which of the 3 things to do close to town you would like to choose, check out the day trips Cacao Tour, Airplane Cave and Natural Bird Reserve Proaves.
- 1 night in San Vicente de Chucurí, usually Hotel Faraones
- 1 x breakfast, 1 x lunch
- Private transport to San Vicente de Chucurí (approx. 2.5 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- 2 of the 3 following options (up to you):
- Cacao Tour (includes access to the farm and the cacao processing area, specialized guide, welcoming chocolate)
- Airplane Cave (includes access to the cave, specialized guide and safety equipment)
- Natural Bird Reserve Proaves (includes entrance, specialized guide and donation of 30,000 COP per person for the conservation of the reserve)
- Visit of the center of San Vicente de Chucurí and the viewpoint of the town
- Entrance and tour in the historical museum Casa Memoria Histórica
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (Hiking in the natural bird reserve and visiting the Airplane Cave already count as extreme sports and are often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellant, comfortable shoes, shoes that can get dirty and wet, sweatshirt or jacket, hat, bottle of water (swimming suit and towel for the cave)
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 7.00 am on the first day. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the late afternoon of the second day after visiting the historical museum we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2020). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|2 Days: San Vicente de Chucurí: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||470,000||470,000||540,000||650,000||880,000||1.600,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||157||157||180||217||293||533|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3000 on November 6, 2019. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3300 on November 6, 2019. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.