The Airplane Cave is the perfect place to have a fun day full of adventures with adrenaline. It is not just a cave; it is a place with various natural swimming holes, natural slides and caves. Some of the swimming ponds have crystalized water and offer you a neat setting to take pictures. At some parts the ponds are within the caves. The first thing you see for example is just a tiny entry into a hole but as you enter you will be impressed by the formations of the inside of the cave. At one place there is even a waterfall inside the cave. The Airplane Cave is not known by many tourists and therefore it seems to be like a magical virgin place.
In the Airplane Cave you can spend several hours to get to know all the interesting spots. The guide will show you everything and he also makes sure that you have a save experience. On the way back there is the possibility to stop in San Vicente de Chucurí, a beautiful town with a lot of history and economic importance.
- Private transport to the Airplane Cave (approx. 3 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 4 persons in a car or small van, a group of 4+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Entry to the Airplane Cave
- All the necessary equipment (helmet and life vest if needed)
- Visit of the center of San Vicente de Chucurí
- Lunch included in San Vicente de Chucurí
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, comfortable shoes, shoes that can get dirty and wet, a thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water, swimming suit and towel, clothes to change
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 6.30 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the late afternoon we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2023). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports.
|Airplane Cave : Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||250,000||270,000||360,000||440,000||600,000||1'150,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||69||75||100||122||167||319|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on July 27, 2023. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on July 27, 2023. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.