Combining the visit of the Juan Curí Waterfalls and Barichara you will get to know the natural and cultural highlights of Santander in the shortest time possible. After a 3-hour ride from Bucaramanga through the Chicamocha Canyon to the 250-meter high Juan Curí Waterfalls you will have to hike for 25 minutes through the tropical rainforest to get to the swimming spots of the waterfalls. An optional activity for about 70,000 COP would be rappelling down a 50-meter part of the waterfall.
Before lunch the tour continues to Barichara where you will see the perfectly-conserved colonial streets of Colombia´s most beautiful town. For more information about the places check out the day trips Juan Curí Waterfalls and Barichara.
- Private transport to the Juan Curí Waterfalls and Barichara (approx. 3 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Entrance to the Juan Curí Waterfalls
- Lunch included in Barichara
- Walking tour in Barichara, entrances included
- Paper processing experience
- Hiking trail “Camino Real” to Guane (if you desire to hike for 2 hours) and ride back to Barichara
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Guarantee of fair prices for any additional activity; due to uncertain weather conditions we do not include the sports in the package
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (swimming at the waterfalls already counts as an extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellant, comfortable shoes, water shoes or tennis shoes that can get wet, swimming suit, towel, a thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 7 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the late afternoon we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2019). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Juan Curí Waterfalls / Barichara: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||160,000||180,000||190,000||240,000||340,000||650,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||55||62||66||83||117||224|
* The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:2900 on November 23, 2018. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3200 on November 23, 2018. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.