The Hacienda La Lajita is a large farm located next to the Topocoro Lake. It has beautiful grassland with an incredible view on the Topocoro Lake that was created due to the dam “Represa Hidrosogamoso”. The farm is the perfect place to do horse-riding (or drive a four-wheeler/ quad-bike). A guide of the farm will lead you to the best viewpoints of the farm.
Hacienda La Lajita also has a nice restaurant with a small swimming pool for children. After lunch you will be free to have some drinks or just to enjoy the quiet atmosphere in the nature.
- Private transport to Hacienda La Lajita (approx. 2 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 3 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 3+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 3 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 2 pays per person)
- Access to the Hacienda La Lajita
- Horse-riding (approx. 1 hour), optional without additional cost: four-wheeler/ quad-bike
- Lunch at the Hacienda La Lajita
- Visit of the Topocoro Lake
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (horse-riding already counts as an extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellent, shoes that can get dirty, long-sleeve pants and shorts, swimming suit, towel, hat, bottle of water
- The Hacienda La Lajita just opens on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays.
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 8 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the afternoon we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2022). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Horse-Riding La Lajita: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||220,000||230,000||260,000||310,000||410,000||690,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||61||64||72||86||114||192
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on November 26, 2021. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on November 26, 2021. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.