The combination of the coffee tour and the gastronomic tour offers you a relaxed day with a lot of information and tasty food. Starting with the coffee tour after lunch you will get to know everything about coffee from the crop to the roasted bean. The coffee farm you will visit is the Hacienda El Roble producing the most expensive and exclusive coffee in Colombia and the third most expensive and exclusive in the world. You will get a welcome coffee of the coffee La Mesa de los Santos and at the end of the tour you will do the coffee tasting experience.
After a one-hour ride back to Bucaramanga you will get to know three different restaurants. Due to the high gastronomic diversity in Bucaramanga the three selected restaurants change every day. In each restaurant you will receive a small portion of food with a small drink, you will have the opportunity to talk to other people participating in the tour and you will also learn about the history and the secret of each restaurant.
- Private transport to the coffee farm Hacienda El Roble (approx. 1 hour from Bucaramanga) and to the different restaurants in Bucaramanga (a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Ride to a viewpoint of the Chicamocha Canyon
- Access to the coffee farm “Hacienda El Roble” and its outside coffee museum + welcome coffee
- Guided coffee tour
- Samples of different types of coffee grown on the farm
- Option to purchase Colombia´s most expensive coffee (Café Mesa de los Santos) for 1/3 of the international selling price
- Gastronomic tour visiting 3 different restaurants in Bucaramanga including a small-size meal and drink each
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance
- Recommendations: bring mosquito repellent, sunscreen, a sweatshirt or jacket, comfortable shoes, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to leave to the coffee farm at 1 pm and the gastronomic tour usually ends late in the evening. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2019). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO / DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Coffee Tour / Gastronomic Tour: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||180,000||190,000||200,000||250,000||330,000||590,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||60||63||67||83||110||197|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3000 on November 6, 2019. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3300 on November 6, 2019. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.