San Vicente de Chucurí used to be one of the most dangerous towns in Colombia 20 years ago and nowadays it is one of the safest places in the country. It used to be controlled by the FARC and other guerrilla groups, and the ELN guerrilla even had its origin right in the center of the town. Today the inhabitants of San Vicente de Chucurí are very proud that they combatted the guerrilla groups. The museum Casa Memoria Histórica honors the approx. 2,000 victims of the conflict and shows a very sad but perfectly organized and interesting timeline of the events that happened in the region.
The region of San Vicente de Chucurí is the largest cacao producer in Colombia producing approx. 13% of the country´s cacao. The cacao farms in the countryside are well organized and can show and explain you the entire process from the plant to the chocolate. For people that want to spend an adventurous day the Airplane Cave just 25 minutes from the town can be visited. The Airplane Cave is not just a cave but also a place with various swimming holes with clear water, little waterfalls and even natural waterslides.
- Private transport to San Vicente de Chucurí (approx. 2.5 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Cacao Tour or Airplane Cave (up to you)
- Visit of the center of San Vicente de Chucurí and the viewpoint of the town
- Entrance and tour in the historical museum Casa Memoria Histórica
- Lunch included in San Vicente de Chucurí
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (if you want to do the Airplane Cave)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, comfortable shoes, shoes that can get dirty and wet, a thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water (swimming suit and towel for the cave)
- The Historical Museum Casa Memoria Histórica is usually closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 6.30 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the late afternoon we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2020). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO / DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|San Vicente de Chucuri: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||190,000||190,000||210,000||260,000||350,000||680,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||63||63||70||87||117||227|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3000 on November 6, 2019. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3300 on November 6, 2019. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.