Santander is the department with the largest cocoa production in Colombia, producing more than 25% of the country's cocoa. Municipalities such as San Vicente de Chucurí, El Carmen or Rionegro are the main producers.
When visiting any of the cocoa farms in this region you will pass by majestic natural scenery, cocoa forests, rivers, streams, or even the great Topocoro reservoir. The owners of the farms to visit will welcome you with a traditional cup of chocolate and then explain the process and cultivation of cocoa from the plant to the finished product.
- Private transport to San Vicente de Chucuri approx. 2.5 hours from Bucaramanga
- A group of 1 - 3 persons in a car or small-size SUV
- A group of 3+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver (if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Cacao tour including home-made hot chocolates
- Visit of the center of San Vicente de Chucurí
- Lunch included in San Vicente de Chucurí
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (if you want to do the Airplane Cave)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellent, comfortable shoes, shoes that can get dirty and wet, a thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 6.30 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the afternoon we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2023). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports.
|Cacao Tour: Prices PER PERSON depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||260,000||280,000||370,000||450,000||620,000||1'200,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||72||78||103||125||172||333|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on July 27, 2023. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on July 27, 2023. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.