Zapatoca is a town far away from popular tourist trails and it is known for its pleasant climate. We really recommend doing the 2-day tour to Zapatoca since there will not be any rush as visiting it in one day and you will be able to enjoy the quietness of the place. For more information check out the day trip Zapatoca.
- 1 night in Zapatoca in a 3-star hotel
- Breakfast included in the hotel
- Private transport to Zapatoca (approx. 2 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 3 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 3+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 3 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 2 pays per person)
- Various stops at amazing viewpoints in the Chicamocha Canyon on the way to Zapatoca
- Walking tour in Zapatoca
- Entrance and tour in the Don Quijote Museum
- Entrance to the cave “Cueva del Nitro”
- Specialized caving guide for an hour
- Necessary equipment such as helmet and flash light
- Visit of the viewpoint Los Guanes on top of the mountain
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (entering a cave already counts as an extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, comfortable shoes, shoes that can get dirty, sweatshirt or jacket, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to leave Bucaramanga at 9 am on the first day. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the late afternoon of the second day we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2022). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|2 Days: Zapatoca : Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||380,000||410,000||500,000||620,000||860,000||1.560,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||106||114||139||172||239||433|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on November 26, 2021. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on November 26, 2021. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.
** Prices increase by 10% in “High Season” which is between 18th Dec and 19th Jan, spring break (09th - 17th Apr), between 12th Jun and 06th Jul, between 8th and 16th Oct, and the long weekends with a national holiday.