Climbing in the Chicamocha Canyon is an activity that a lot of travelers miss as they do not know how to get to Colombia´s largest climbing park “La Mojarra”. After hiking down a steep path for about 15 minutes from the parking lot, you arrive at the first climbing sites. There are multiple climbing routes for beginners and professionals. Although the guides say some routes are for beginners, not everybody makes it to the top. Be prepared for the fun physical activity and unique experience in the Chicamocha Canyon.
At all sites you will be able to enjoy the incredible view and the natural calmness of the canyon. Additionally to the climbing activity you will have time to hike to an amazing viewpoint at the edge of the canyon.
- Private transport to the river in the climbing park “La Mojarra” (approx. 1.5 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- English- and/ or Spanish- speaking professional climbing guide
- Entry to the “Mojarra Park” in the Chicamocha Canyon
- Unlimited climbing for the day
- Climbing equipment such as climbing shoes, helmet, harness, etc. (for the hike you need you own shoes)
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellent, hiking shoes, long-sleeve pants and shorts, clothes to change, sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 7 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the afternoon we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2019). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Canyon Climbing: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||150,000||170,000||220,000||270,000||360,000||610,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||52||59||76||93||124||210|
* The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:2900 on November 23, 2018. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3200 on November 23, 2018. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.