The Juan Curí waterfalls are with a total height of 250 meters one of the highest waterfalls in Colombia. In order to get to the waterfalls, you have to take a 25-minute hike from the parking lot. As the air gets more humid you will see how the landscape changes into a dense tropical rainforest.
Arriving at the waterfall you will have the opportunity to jump into a swimming spot right beneath a 50-meter high part of the waterfall. If you like adventure, you can also climb down the ladders and ropes that are set up at the lower parts of the waterfalls. An optional activity for 80,000 COP (prices can vary) is climbing down the 50-meter part of the waterfall on a secured rope following the instructions of a professional rappelling guide. On the way back to Bucaramanga there are also other optional activities that can be done such as caving (45,000 COP), rafting (60,000 COP), bungee jumping 70 meters (90,000 COP), zip lining (45,000 COP), etc. (prices might change slightly within the year).
- Private transport to the Juan Curí Waterfalls (approx. 3 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 3 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 3+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 3 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 2 pays per person)
- Entrance to the Juan Curí Waterfalls
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Guarantee of fair prices for any additional activity (as listed above in parenthesis); due to uncertain weather conditions we do not include the sports in the package
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (swimming at the waterfalls already counts as an extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellent, comfortable shoes, water shoes or tennis shoes that can get wet, swimming suit, towel, a thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 7 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the afternoon we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2022). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Juan Curí Waterfalls: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||160,000||170,000||200,000||260,000||380,000||730,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||44||47||56||72||106||203|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on November 26, 2021. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on November 26, 2021. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.