The Chicamocha Canyon is known as the most impressive paragliding site in Colombia and one of the best in the world. Different to many other paragliding sites you are able to fly up to 2000 meters above ground if the weather conditions permit. The platform is located about 1600 m above sea level while the river is about 550 m above sea level. The paragliding tandem flight itself takes about 15 minutes.
Before starting the flight, you will get your equipment and detailed safety instructions. The professional guide also explains you interesting facts about the place and the winds which are different to other paragliding sites.
- Private transport to the paragliding platform in the Chicamocha Canyon (approx. 1.5 hours; a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Tandem flight (approx. 15 minutes)
- English- and/ or Spanish- speaking professional paragliding guide
- Paragliding equipment
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports
- Important: You must wear shoes during the flight. To do the activity it has to be windy enough and it must not rain. The probability of suitable weather conditions is approx. 95%. The weight of the passengers, should not exceed 110 kg (240 lbs), or below 30 kg (66 lbs) in case of minors. Pregnant women or people with recent surgeries such as spinal or extremities surgeries are not allowed to fly.
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellent, shoes that cannot fall off, sweatshirt or jacket, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 9.30 am but we have to be flexible and adapt to the weather conditions. Usually in the afternoon we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2019). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Canyon Paragliding: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||290,000||290,000||310,000||350,000||410,000||620,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||100||100||107||121||141||214|
* The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:2900 on November 23, 2018. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3200 on November 23, 2018. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.