Whereas the Coffee Triangle is known for its quantity of coffee, the coffee in Santander and especially La Mesa de Los Santos is recognized for its high quality and being 100% organic. The coffee tour will be made on the coffee farm Hacienda El Roble, officially producing the most expensive and most exclusive coffee in Colombia and the third most expensive in the world. The farm is one of the oldest coffee farms in Colombia and it is the largest one in La Mesa de los Santos. Because of the fact that the whole region produces organic coffee, the farm is a perfect living space for birds, which means there are 127 different bird species living on the farm.
Upon arrival, you will have time to enjoy the picturesque setting of the coffee guesthouse having a welcoming coffee. The coffee tour starts with a walk through the coffee fields and the outdoor coffee museum where everything about the coffee plant and the distinct types will be explained. After the walk, you will arrive at the production facilities where all the steps from the coffee harvest to the finished coffee bean will be shown. The tour ends with the coffee tasting experience which fascinates most travelers due to the quality differences of the coffee.
- Private transport to Coffe Hacienda approx. 1 hour from Bucaramanga
- A group of 1 - 3 persons in a car or small-size SUV
- A group of 3+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver (if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Tour to a tourist lookout point
Access to the "Hacienda Cafetera" + welcome coffee
Guided coffee tour
Option to buy organic coffee
Accompaniment by English or Spanish speaking guide
- Recommendations: bring mosquito repellent, sunscreen, a sweatshirt or jacket, comfortable shoes, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the coffee tour at 8:30 am.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2023). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports.
|Coffee Tour: Prices PER PERSON depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||170,000||160,000||240,000||310,000||430,000||850,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||47||44||67||86||119||236|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on July 27, 2023. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on July 27, 2023. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.