Whereas the Coffee Triangle is known for its quantity of coffee, the coffee in Santander and especially La Mesa de los Santos is recognized for its high quality and being 100% organic. The coffee tour will be made on the coffee farm Hacienda El Roble, officially producing the most expensive and most exclusive coffee in Colombia and the third most expensive in the world. The farm is one of the oldest coffee farms in Colombia and it is the largest one in La Mesa de los Santos. Because of the fact that the whole region produces organic coffee, the farm is a perfect living space for birds, which means there are 127 different bird species living on the farm.
Upon arrival, you will have time to enjoy the picturesque setting of the coffee guesthouse having a welcoming coffee. The coffee tour starts with a walk through the coffee fields and the outside coffee museum where everything about the coffee plant and the distinct types will be explained. After the walk you will arrive at the production facilities where all the steps from the coffee harvest to the finished coffee bean will be shown. The tour ends with the coffee tasting experience which fascinates most travelers due to the quality differences of the coffee.
- Private transport to the coffee farm Hacienda El Roble (approx. 1 hour from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Ride to a viewpoint of the Chicamocha Canyon
- Access to the coffee farm “Hacienda El Roble” and its outside coffee museum + welcome coffee
- Guided coffee tour
- Coffee tasting experience
- Option to purchase Colombia´s most expensive coffee (Café Mesa de los Santos) for 1/3 of the international selling price
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance
- Recommendations: bring mosquito repellent, sunscreen, a sweatshirt or jacket, comfortable shoes, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the coffee tour at 9 am or 1 pm. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2020). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO / DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Coffee Tour: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||110,000||120,000||140,000||180,000||240,000||440,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||37||40||47||60||80||147|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3000 on November 6, 2019. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3300 on November 6, 2019. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.