El Socorro is one of the most important historical towns in Colombia. It is the place where the first step towards the independence of this country took place. In 1781, the leader Manuela Beltrán tore the "Edict", which was a document of utmost importance for the Spanish, turning this act into an important protest against the Spanish empire. This event originated the Revolution of the Comuneros, a very important event in the history of Colombia. Once in Socorro, you will learn about this and other important historical influences of the town during the tour and in the historical museum.
Because of its historical importance, Socorro was declared a heritage town. Without a doubt it is a beautiful town to visit and observe its different churches, parks and historical and colonial buildings.
- Private transport to El Socorro (approx. 3 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 3 persons in a car or small-size SUV, a group of 3+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 3 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 2 pays per person)
- Walking tour in El Socorro
- Entrance and tour in the historical museum in la Casa de la Cultura
- Lunch included in El Socorro
- English or Spanish speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, comfortable shoes, a thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 7 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the late afternoon we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2023). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports.
|El Socorro: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||180,000||200,000||230,000||290,000||400,000||760,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||50||56||64||81||111||211|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on November 26, 2021. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on November 26, 2021. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.