- The pineapple tour is not currently available.
On the first day you will start with the pineapple tour in Lebrija for about 2 hours, getting to know the cultivations, interacting with the local farmers and receiving interesting information about pineapples. After a ride of about one hour from Lebrija, you will arrive at the Topocoro Lake that was created because of the construction of the dam “Hidrosogamoso” in 2015. In the afternoon, you will enjoy the boat ride to the waterfalls and natural pools, where you have the opportunity to jump into the water. The trip goes on to the town of San Vicente de Chucurí (approx. 1 hour) where you will spend the night.
On the second day, you will do the Cacao Tour. Arriving on the cacao farm and after the owner family welcomes you, they will explain you the importance of the cacao in the region and how their entire life is influenced by the production of cacao. The tour will continue in a cacao tree forest on the farm, so you can learn about the agronomic management of the crop. At the end of the tour you will learn about all the steps of the cacao production and enjoy the quiet atmosphere at the farm.
- 1 night in San Vicente de Chucurí in standard hotel usually Hotel Faraones, double or triple room (superior hotel or single room has additional costs)
- Private transport during the 2 days (a group of 1 - 3 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 3+ in a larger vehicle usually with separate driver; if a group of 3 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 2 pays per person)
- Access to the pineapple farm
- Guided pineapple tour (approx. 2 hours)
- Pineapple tasting
- Visit of the Chicamocha Canyon, several waterfalls and natural swimming spots
- Private motorboat ride (max. 2.5 hours including the visits to the waterfalls)
- Life jacket (for non-swimmers)
- Visit of the town of San Vicente de Chucurí
- Cacao Tour (Includes access to the farm, cacao production area, specialized guide, welcoming home-made chocolate)
- Home-made lunch in the cacao farm
- English or Spanish-speaking accompaniment
- Optional for an additional cost: activities such as wakeboarding, jet ski, water bike or additional hours with the boat
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (going out on a boat already counts as extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: Bring sunscreen, mosquito repellent, comfortable shoes, shoes that can get wet and dirty, long pants and shorts, sweatshirt or jacket, hat, bottle of water, swimming suit and towel
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the trip at 8 am on the first day in order to have time to do the pineapple tour from 9 to 11 am and arrive to the Topocoro lake at midday. However, we are flexible and we can start the tour earlier or later. Usually in the afternoon of the second day after the lunch in the cacao farm we will start the ride back to Bucaramanga (approx. 2.5 hours).
- Net prices per person are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2022). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10% but must pay additional 19% IVA (ART. 481 ESTATUTO TRIB. / DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|2 Days: Pineapple Tour, Topocoro Lake, Cacao Tour: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||550,000||600,000||680,000||840,000||1.160,000||2.190,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||153||167||189||233||322||608|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on November 26, 2021. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on November 26, 2021. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.
***Prices increase by 10% in “High Season” which is during the town`s fairs usually for one week in August and one week in November.