Visiting Barichara and El Socorro you will get to know 2 of the 17 towns of national heritage in Colombia in just one day.
Whereas Barichara attracts by its perfectly conserved colonial architecture, El Socorro is known as the historic capital of Colombia. During the walking tour in Barichara you will enjoy the calmness in the streets and you will understand why people call it the most beautiful town in Colombia. Seeing different churches chapels, sculptures, etc. it gets clear why most of the residents in Barichara are artists. At the fringe of the small town there is an incredible view over the Suarez Canyon which can also be seen from El Socorro.
After lunch and a one-hour ride you will arrive in El Socorro, the town where the independence of several Latin American countries has its origins. During the walking tour and the visit of the historical museum you will learn a lot about the Revolution of the Comuneros and a lot of other facts and persons of the Colombian history.
- Private transport to Barichara and El Socorro (both approx. 3 hours from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Walking tour in Barichara, entrances included
- Paper processing experience
- Walking tour in El Socorro
- Entrance and tour in the historical museum in la Casa de la Cultura
- Lunch included in Barichara
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, comfortable shoes, a thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 7 am leaving to Barichara. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule. Usually in the late afternoon/ evening we will start the ride back from El Socorro to Bucaramanga.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2020). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Barichara / El Socorro: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||180,000||190,000||200,000||250,000||360,000||670,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||60||63||67||83||120||223|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3000 on November 6, 2019. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3300 on November 6, 2019. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.