During the hike to the natural finca “El Jardín” you will get to know the rural Colombian life at a place far away from the mainstream tourism. The finca, which is a small house in the countryside of the tropical rainforest, is located 2 driving hours north of Bucaramanga. Driving that far, you will arrive in a region where there is no pollution from the city and where the people live almost completely independent.
During the approx. 5 km (3.1 mile) hike that takes you about 500 m up the mountain, you will see different animals and the diversity of plants and fruits that Colombia offers such as cacao, bananas, aloe vera, papayas, passion fruits, etc. As you get higher up the hill you can enjoy the great astonishing view of the landscape which is a mixture of mountainous tropical rainforest and grassland. At the finca you can jump into a natural pool, drink from a little waterfall that comes right out of its natural water source and/ or just relax in a hammock. A self-cooked lunch will be served with fresh natural juices.
- Private transport to the Finca El Jardín (approx. 2 hours north of Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Hiking of approx. 3 to 4 hours
- Fresh natural juices during the hike
- Access to the finca and other natural sites
- Homemade lunch
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Accompaniment of the owner or another person of the finca
- Travel insurance and additional insurance for extreme sports (hiking already counts as an extreme sport and is often not covered by the international insurance of the traveler)
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, mosquito repellant, comfortable shoes, long-sleeve pants and shorts, swimming suit, towel, second shirt, a thin sweatshirt, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the day trip at 6 am and the day trip usually ends in the evening. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2019). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO/ DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Natural Finca El Jardín: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||150,000||170,000||200,000||260,000||380,000||730,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||50||57||67||87||127||243|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3000 on November 6, 2019. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3300 on November 6, 2019. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.