As the fifth largest metropolitan area in Colombia as well as being known as the safest and cleanest city in the country, Bucaramanga offers a lot of interesting places to see, like important buildings in the city center, a historic museum, the famous leather shoe outlets, commercial market places, shopping malls, Colombia´s largest hanging bridge, etc.
Girón is located in Bucaramanga´s metropolitan area and it is one of the 17 towns of national heritage in Colombia. Its well-conserved colonial architecture makes it an interesting place to visit and you will be able to imagine how the people lived here 300 years ago. At the end of the city tour, you will enjoy an amazing view of the entire metropolitan area from the Eco Park Cerro del Santísimo, which will be reached by cable car. The Christ Statue Santísimo is with 37 meters the highest statue in Colombia and a must-see during your stay in Bucaramanga. In addition, the park offers souvenir stores, a place that sells wine made from oranges and blackberries, and a water show at night.
- Private transport (a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Walking tour in Bucaramanga´s city center and Girón
- Visit of the historic museum, commercial market places, famous leather shoe outlets, shopping malls and/ or Colombia´s longest hanging bridge (we are flexible and adapt the tour according to your interests)
- Entrance to the park of the Jesus-Statue Santísimo
- 2 rides with the cable car
- Lunch during the city tour (usually in Girón)
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance
- Recommendations: bring sunscreen, a thin sweatshirt, comfortable shoes, hat
- The Eco Park is closed on Mondays. If Monday is a National Holiday, it is open but closed on the following Tuesday.
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the City Tour at 9 am and the day trip usually ends late in the evening. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2019). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO / DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Bucaramanga / Giron / Santísimo: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4- 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||130,000||140,000||170,000||210,000||290,000||520,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||45||48||59||72||100||179|
* The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:2900 on November 23, 2018. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3200 on November 23, 2018. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.