Cycling/ mountain biking in Bucaramanga provides you with a great combination of an early-morning exercise and the exploration of Bucaramanga´s rainforest at the fringe of the city. The ride starts in the city passing by “Morrorico”, a neighborhood of the lower “social class”, and then continues into the mountains ending at a place known as “Alto de los Padres”. Depending on your physical conditions, the tour will take you between 3 and 4 hours in total.
The ride has an upward slope until getting to “Alto de los Padres” which is located at an altitude of more than 700 meters above the city. The trail itself is partly paved and other parts are dirt road. On the way up you will have a magnificent view on Bucaramanga, on the green landscapes of the mountains and on the Tona dam. Riding through a pine forest you will also be able to enjoy the quiet atmosphere and to breathe fresh air.
At “Alto de los Padres” you will have the opportunity to have a typical breakfast. The ride back to Bucaramanga is going down a well-paved road for less than an hour. The total trail is approx. 20 km long.
- Mountain bike rental (usually Specialized Rockhopper 2020)
- English- and/ or Spanish-speaking guide
- Bicycling equipment such as helmet and water bottle
- Travel insurance for the bicycling activity
- Recommendations: Bring sunscreen, mosquito repellent, clothes to change, light jacket, tennis that can get dirty and wet.
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the ride at 6 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2022). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10% but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO / DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Cycling Bucaramanga: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||---||---||290,000||360,000||410,000||560,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||---||---||81||100||114||156|
* The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3600 on November 26, 2021. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3900 on November 26, 2021. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.