Lebrija, a town located about a 30-minute ride from Bucaramanga, is known for the best pineapples in Colombia. National and international pineapple buyers like to pay higher prices if they know that the pineapple comes from Lebrija. Due to the excellent climate and the fertile soil, it is possible to guarantee a high quality of the fruit all year long.
Arriving at the pineapple farm you will be surprised by the sweet taste of the pineapple type “honey gold” (“oro miel”) which is mainly cultivated in this region and which is recognized by its bright golden color. Getting the pineapple samples, you also will get to know and interact with the farmers who live in the countryside and whose lives completely depend on the cultivation and commercialization of the pineapples. The owner or one of his family members will show you the cultivations and you will learn a lot about the stages of growth and about the plants and treatments of the plants. In contrast to coffee or cacao, pineapples do not have processing stages after harvesting. However, passing through the pineapple cultivations there are much more interesting facts to tell than about coffee and cacao. You won´t miss the information of how to choose the most delicious pineapple, how to recognize if it´s cultivated organically and how to pick out a rotten pineapple.
- Private transport to the pineapple farm (approx. 1 hour from Bucaramanga; a group of 1 - 4 persons in a small-size SUV, a group of 5+ in a larger vehicle usually with a separate driver; if a group of 4 prefers a larger vehicle due to an excess of luggage, they will have to pay the price per person that a group of 3 pays per person)
- Access to the pineapple farm
- Guided pineapple tour (approx. 2 hours)
- Pineapple tasting
- English-, Spanish- and/ or German-speaking accompaniment
- Travel insurance
- Recommendations: bring mosquito repellent, sunscreen, a sweatshirt or jacket, long pants, comfortable shoes, hat, bottle of water
- Meeting point: If your accommodation is located in the city of Bucaramanga, we will pick you up and give you a ride back without any additional cost.
- Schedule: It is recommended to start the ride to the pineapple farm at 8 am. However, if you wish to start the tour earlier or later, we will be flexible and adapt the tour to your desired schedule.
- Prices are listed in the following table (valid until Dec. 31, 2020). Foreign travelers must bring their original passports. Colombian residents receive a discount of 10%, but must pay additional 19% IVA (ARTÍCULO 481 DEL ESTATUTO TRIBUTARIO / DECRETO 297 DE 2016).
|Cacao Tour: Prices per person depending on the size of the travel group|
|Number of travelers:||10 or more||8 - 9||4 - 7||3||2||1|
|Price per person in COP:||100,000||110,000||140,000||180,000||250,000||500,000|
|Price per person in USD*:||33||37||47||60||83||167|
*The prices in USD are based on our internal exchange rate of 1:3000 on November 6, 2019. The international exchange rate was at about 1:3300 on November 6, 2019. If the value of the Colombian Peso drops by 5%, the listed prices will not be valid anymore! Moreover, we do not carry any transaction costs.